Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by nighthawk
With the universe being about 6,000 years old there;s not much time to play with. God added in stars that appear to be of different ages just to fool you infidels. wink

A couple years ago there was a non-creationist astronomer on TV who developed a program to plot novas and super novas. His program could track the debris up to about a million years. He enlisted the aid of astronomers from around the world to use his program. After a few years the oldest they could find was about 7,000 years since its destruction. Maybe one of you evolutionists could fill them in on the missing years.

Or is it you guys are not accepting facts.

Like I asked, If there was an Infinite Intelligent Energy Being could He create what we now see in its present state? This is not a trick question. And its more philosophical than science or religion.

well, to speculate which more than one of us here on the fire are fond of doing, some have suggested the whole thingy is a phase change plasma or chemistry. that causes the stars to come out at night, and the sun to lighten the world up for the benefit of the trees during the day.

some are convinced that the trees and humans are mirror images of each other. the trees breathe out, and humans breathe in, and vice versa.

but i'm straying from the main objective of the thread, and that's to either substantiate or discredit the evolution hypothesis.

what if evolution is just one minor facet of the bigger story? fake news you say? well, we all know about that stuff.

i'd like to think the earth is becoming very old. after 6,000 years would that be the case, or not likely?