Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Well, Einstein, since you are such a stickler for terminology you should probably figure out that you’ve given the definition for micro evolution, which no one denies, instead of evolution.

Yah, please explain your thoughts on mutations again. LOL

When you are talking about new information that you would need to get from ancient simple life, you need new proteins to form new genes. The chances of one mutation in one protein fold is 10 to the 77th power. Now, there are many folds in a protein and many proteins in a gene. But then, assuming you get that, and you get altered DNA, DNA alone does not control the laying out of the body plan, the morphological plan. You could mutate DNA until the cows some home and it doesn’t change the plan. There are other factors at work. The life forms in that early Cambrian era had on average 50 cells with all the genes and proteins therein.

Darwinian evolution is not adequate to explain this jump from simple life forms with simple plans to new body parts laid out in new ways with new functions. That requires new information. Where did it come from? There are only about 10 to the 78th power particles in the entire universe and the odds of a viable mutation in a single protein fold is 10 to the 77th. The math is insurmountable.

I have thoughts on what happened, but I’m not going to make any claims. But I think it is pretty apparent that something happened or there is some mechanism that we do not understand as the math makes that jump pretty improbable.

Nonesense, but thanks for taking the time to explain.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?