Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT

It may be an extremely rare event or it may be common, emerging wherever the conditions are right, complex chemistry interaction, energy input , etc....

In other words we (collectively) don't know a lot about it. Yet you seem sure that there is no Creator. I don't agree with Ringman but I fully understand why he makes his arguments for creationism. He's simply affirming his faith.

On the other hand I've often wondered why some argue so vehemently against the existence of a Creator. It's obvious that it can't be "proven" scientifically one way or the other, so the whole argument is pointless.

Seems to me that the argument agaist a Creator is not affirming anything, it's just an attempt to tear down the beliefs of others, to prove to people like Ringman that his faith is misguided.

In other words, a fools errand. Seems to be driven by envy of what others have.

We don't know x, therefore God is a really, really silly argument. A work in progress shouldn't make assumptions. Science examines and tests evidence, forms hypothesis and theories based on this process of discovery and does not say "well, dang, we don't know this, by golly, God must have done it"