Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by DBT
the other side claiming absolute knowledge,

That would be you.

Obviously not. I merely refer to science and research, which as I pointed out, is an ongoing process. Science does not claim to know the answer to the origin of the universe or how life got started, which theists claim to have the answers, their version of God created the universe and life and that is that.

You try every trick in the book to discredit evidence based science, testing and review, in an attempt to justify faith, beliefs held without evidence.

You hide behind your claim that because your faith in the theory of evolution is based in science, it is superior to another's faith in theology, which may, or may not, be based in science.

I hide behind nothing. You are equivocating science and faith by ignoring evidence.

Faith is faith, no matter the source.

Still the fallacy of equivocation. A belief in the realty of Allah is not to be compared to research into genetics, paleontology, etc.

But there's no doubt that faith in theology is superior, because at the least, theology as a social control agent provides a benefit to society, whereas faith in the theory of evolution, and all its studies, provide no benefit to society.

Partly true in the form of Plato's Royal Lie.