Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
There was a genetic bottleneck, possibly two, during the last ice age where we as a species nearly went extinct.

Let me help you out here. The first "bottleneck" happened at creation. The second "bottleneck" happened about 1,656 years later.

Your evidence for this.....being?

I did a time line in the Bible. The flood happened 1, 656 years after creation. This addresses both.

From your posts I know you are not serious. But if you ever got serious you could read about genetic load and how fast mutations accumulate. Way too fast for a beneficial mutation to be established in a population. I learned this from a guy who has real scientific credentials: Dr. John Sanford. "Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome"

Entropy, whether used in genetics,or its more correct place as the 3rd. law of Thermodynamics. simply suggests a progression towards a more disorganized state. Genetic systems are 3 order Hopf bifurcations, that exist in a basis of attraction. When acted on by some perturbation that knocks them out of that they will reorganize to another basis of attraction. In the bible world the iteration rate is much shorter than the iteration rate on quartz timepiece, thus the possibility of bifurcations in the system. Or proceed to catastrophic states as Thom describes, 5th and 7th order states. This is the system Sanford describes. The "black hole" here is assuming one state is "better" than another.

Entropy is an issue within a closed system. Complex chemistry on Earth is being powered by the Sun.