Originally Posted by DBT
Sound familiar?

''Okay, so here is a summary of the arguments of these folks against evolution:

1. Mere chance cannot create complex living organisms.

2. The fossil record is full of gaps, it doesn’t show species changing gradually to other species.

3. The theory of evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics

4. If life arose through evolution, why can’t scientists create life in the laboratory?''

Crdationists sound pretty simple minded to me. Hrere wre the answers:

1. It can and it does. The mechanisms by which life evolves, including some of it becoming more complicated, are well understood. We don't yet know how inorganic stuff became simple life (see question 4) but wee shure know how organisms evolve wonce they exist.

2. There are many cases of species changing into other cpecies, and fossils keep getting found that are "missing links" between different forms. "Gaps" get smaller with each discoveery.

3. Creationists don't understnd simple physics. The second law of thermodynamics says that in a CLOSED SYSTEM, every process produces more disorder. Thus, say the cretionists, a simpler thing cannot eveolve to a more complex, or orderly, thing. Not true. The closed system includes the organism AND the earth. The organism itself can become more complex. If the second law of thermodynamics precluded evolution, it would also preclude making automobiles out of raw materials.

4. This argument is like saying, in 1900, that birds can't fly because scientists haven't figured out how to make things that fly in the laboratory--yet. Yet birds fly.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.