Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

In trading we say "Hope is not a strategy". Hoping a stock is going to go up, doesn't make it go up. It's going to do what it's going to do and the best thing you can do is make your decisions based upon the best data available. Unrealistic hopes are seldom helpful and can lead to some bad places. Accepting that we have a finite life and working to live THIS life to its' best and fullest is not nihilism and despair but an appreciation for what we have here and now, and not suffering the paradise lost of a paradise that does not exist.

That's good - I like that. (Did you make that up or "borrow" it from somewhere?)

I think religion started off with the same intention but somehow stories had to be told to get people to listen, and it just turned into what it is today.

You only live once has been my mantra, but not to the point of wanting to experience death defying adrenalin stunts of course.

Religion is hope and can help you through dire situations but it's kinda a last desperate resort. The were Australian prisoners of war who worked on the railways for the Japanese, and one of them said he kept going (mentally and physically) thanks to a hope of returning home to see his family, and imagining that every time he went to sleep. Kept him sane and maybe even kept him alive I guess.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 09/01/19.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?