Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Fubarski
You're the one that can't prove the theory of evolution.

paddler/dbt, the guy that's n your side, posted that if scientists agree something is true, like the theory of evolution, then it must be true.

That's the same argument proposed in support of AGW, and we all know that's bullshit.

If you want to waste your time arguing with paddler, that's your business.

I've just pointed out the fallacy in his argument in support of the theory of evolution, just as I pointed out the fallacy in your theories of micro- and macroevolution.

All you've done is highlight your ignorance on the subject.

Your faith compels you to reply in such a fashion.

But you can relax. I'm not trying to convert you.

My side doesn't need faith.

We have the fossils, we have the DNA.

You have a book written by bronze age goat herders.

What ignorant hokum. All knowledge is ultimately dependent on some degree of faith. But in the case of materialists in particular, the whole theory is self-refuting since materialism denies even the possibility of ascertaining scientific truth since it denies the possibility of the metaphysical freedom of the mind. But if human thought is not free from material causes then the very idea of scientific (or any kind of truth) is rendered non-sensical.

You are still equivocating. Faith is defined as a belief held without the support of evidence. If verifiable evidence exist and a belief is based on verifiable evidence, it is not - by definition - a faith based belief.