Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
A.S. You seem to have done a lot of thinking on this issue and I am interested to know your thoughts. In a nutshell How did all this huge universe with an unfathomable amount of solid material come to be? I understand there is a big bang theory, but doesn't that require a compression of all this material into a critical mass that then explodes and creates an expanding universe of a huge,huge, unthinkable amount of material? A speck of which is earth that happened to be hospitable to the formation of chemical reactions that became life? Where did that material originate?
How's your math?........
I thank you for your effort but I'm a high school graduate only and almost 67 years old. I'm pretty good at arithmetic and real good at reading comprehension. This discussion and your answer are so far over my head I guess I'll do like my wife does about politics and just forget about it. But anyway thanks again and sorry for putting you to the trouble. Best thing for me to do is to go back to arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic that our country has become.
Hastings, Let me apologize for the complexity of my answer. Since you feel you are better with words than numbers, lets try to stick to mostly words and skip the numbers. Imagine you need to build a house, but have a personal net worth of exactly zero (We begin with nothing). Now we're going to assume a special idealized world for this example, one where every dollar spent on building the house creates exactly one dollars worth of value in the finished product, so in the process, not value can be created, nor destroyed. (This represent the conservation of energy). By building the house you create an asset (matter)You can borrow exactly what you need from a bank, but this creates a liability (negative gravitational energy)You build a new house worth 200k, and in the process take out a loan for exactly 200k. At the end of the process, you have a new house (Matter in the Universe), but an equal amount of debt (negative gravitational energy), so your net worth remains exactly zero (Net energy level of the entire local presentation of our universe). You have created an asset out of nothing. All of your friends marvel at your new wonderful house, but are unable to see or even comprehend the nature of your bank note, so they idolize you as the amazing man who created a house out of nothing.
Ok, I'm going to study your answer tomorrow when I'm not drifting off. So thanks again for humoring me. Another Question, do you think our expanding universe runs out of energy and collapses back into a super compressed entity that explodes again in a big bang. Have these compression events and bangs been happening forever. I understand we are talking eons.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."