Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by TF49

For you Indy....read what he says....

Dr. George Gaylord Simpson.....that’s one...., there are others.... they are there if one has the intellectual desire to see all angles.

Most don’t.....

Most creationists get things wrong, perhaps because they are not educated enough to wade through big words.

Dr. Siimpson did NOT (as some think) claim that horses didn't evolve. Rather he postulated "punctuated equilibrium," which is now accepted as the WAY species often evolve. This means that rather than horses evolving smoothly, at the same rate, they evolve quite rapidly due to some external stimulus (predators? climate?) and then evolve very slowly unless and until there is some other stimulus.

You asked for an example and I supplied it. There are others if you care to look.

He is clear in what he says. Perhaps you cannot comprehend or simply choose not to.

But, if you desire to believe that “natural selection” ...... micro evolution.....is proof of macro evolution, you may continue to do that. It is not and you would be wrong according to a growing number of evolutionary scientists.

I will put it simply..... natural selection .... micro evolution.... is NOT proof of macro evolution. Those who believe that are being duped.

Edit to add: Simpson was apparently an ardent evolutionist. I did not say nor imply that he was not. He was simply saying that regarding the horse story, “natural selection” .......could explain it and was a better explanation..... simple genetic variation. Further, there are other paleontologists that are at odds with the entire horse evolution story. Go and read for your self.

Last edited by TF49; 08/28/19. Reason: Spel check

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”