Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

No sh** Sherlock. I'm a scientist, and I am not a creationsit. But I can still see it, plain as day. In fact, I'm guilty of it myself.

"Sherlock?" What exactly do you see, and what exactly are you guilty of? You need to be more precise.

How many scientists publish papers on creationism? What scientists happen to contemplate in private is irrelevant to science.

Thank you, Galileo. Or do yiou fancy yourself more a Leonardo?

It has nothing to do with me. You are trying to deflect away from the argument and onto the poster, an attempt to make it something personal. A common ploy and a sign of failure.

My original point had everything to do with you, me, and most everyone posting on this thread. And to remind you, that was: most people who participate in these arguments start with an unshakable belief, and look for evidence that corroborates that belief. They take that evidence wherever they can find it.

Then you shifted the argument to the scientists who developed the theory of evolution, none of whom were included in the point I was making. I understand how and why they came up with the theory but there's not a single person commenting on thes thread who's followed that path and done what they did. Everyone commenting here is depending on the work/research/writings/publications of someone else to form and bolster their own opinions.

But by trying to shift the point I was making to the originators of the theory, you placed yourself in their company and I'm here to tell you you're not in their company, you're riding their coattails just like everyone else who supports the theory. Hence the "Galileo" comment.

I've observed these threads on evolution since I joined this site. They were going on before I joined and they'll be going on after I depart. Lots of good points made on both sides but the one thing I'm certain of is that not a single person has switched over to the other side based on what's been said. So it's entertaining to see people such as yourself attempt to "prove" their points, on both sides.

I gave up on arguing these points a while back, it's fruitless. I know what I believe, and why, and that's good enough for me.. I also know that I don't have all the answers, none of us do.

Maybe you should include yourself in that assessment. You are not excluded because your conclusion does not represent what I said or what I was doing.

What I am doing is nothing more than pointing out that evolution is well supported by evidence and that there are problems with faith based belief. That's all. There is no shifting from this or that, what I said was and still is related to that issue.

Last edited by DBT; 07/31/19.