Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PS Evolution doesn't even propose randomness as the cause of speciation. Variability (along a multiplicity of dimension) is built into reproduction, and environmental pressures then act on that variability in very definite directions.

But the spontaneous start of evolution is either random or by design--there is no middle ground here. This is the point which evolutionists try to avoid. They want to discuss a theory already in motion within the boundaries of micro evolution rather than the probability of the theory in all aspects.

Again, you are simply wrong. The start of evolution is a certainty the instant that there is a self-replicating molecule with variability. At that point it MUST happen. It cannot be stopped.

The self-replicating molecule with variability - THAT is where randomness comes in but that it will happen is also a certainty, given enough time. And time, we have a had a lot of.

Thunderstruck, maybe you should try to explain what you think random means - 'cuz I don't believe you have a clue.

and where does the self-replicating molecule with variability come from?

That wasn't the question. What do you think random means? And do you understand why evolution cannot be prevented, including the diversity of species it produces?

That is precisely the question relative to the point I am making about random. Do you have anything of substance to offer in the way of a response? What I have noted with you on this thread is that you seldom answer any questions regarding your statements and largely rely upon scorn and emotion to critique the statements of others. Can you offer anything substantive to address the premise?

Last edited by Thunderstick; 08/23/19.