Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Ringman, are you for real, or do you just like playing make-up on the internet?

No, he really is that stupid.

He makes for a rather amazing spectacle. Never seen anything like him.

No, Rich is anything but stupid.

My Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles (all but one of which are gone now) all shared beliefs very similar. I dearly loved every one of them, and heartily respect their faith.

My Dad once (several times actually) explained to me the mechanism by which "the flood" occurred.

It seems that God did not include the moon in His original specifications for this Earth. The moon came along later, at just the right angle and velocity to be captured by Earth's gravitational force.

This sudden disruption tilted the Earth's axis, and was the origination of our four seasons. Also it seems that the Earth was fully enveloped in a layer of water, suspended above the stratosphere. And all this commotion upset the equilibrium of this water layer and caused it to crash down upon the surface of the Earth.

This also explains the extraordinary long lives recorded for early Bible characters. Everyone from Adam through Noah was protected from cosmic radiation by this suspended layer of water.

Dad put all the pieces together for himself. He had the puzzle solved, and to try any attempt to explain the Physics which would make such events impossible, was a complete waste of breath.

But then Dad also told us to avoid the 270 or 25-06 for deer hunting. The excessive velocity of those cartridges caused the bullet to pass through game so rapidly that the bullet would not have time to expand.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.