For those referencing Genesis, who wrote it? when was it written? was it written by perfect men? or was it written by men of free will? How are you so sure that it can be taken as fact? Why is it more persuasive than the evidence of the vast fossil record? How do you know it's the word of god other than some man told me so, or you feel it in your heart? Does it come down to the idea salvation? or is it the idea that there absolutely needs to be some sort of purpose for our lives? BTW, I was reading up on it today and seems there are a few theories on the sources. Pretty interesting stuff for sure, but for me, it demonstrates that Genesis can not be taken literal.

For me, I can look out and see the wonders that mother nature provided for us. I can see the fossils or read about how the marsupials ended up in Australia and see how evolution has worked. I am going to believe that over some stories written by man.

BTW, for those that keep bringing politics into this argument, I grew up in a large strict christian family; 8 of us kids. As best I can tell, 2 of us are atheist and conservative, the other six are evenly divided between left and right and they all believe in creation. It is not a marxist or communist conspiracy to push evolution, it is the scientific community studying evidence, developing theories, testing them, conduction peer reviews. There is no need to try to put a "axis of evil" spin on evolution.

I have no illusions of a supernatural being, but if there is one, I am convinced that man got it all wrong.