I have a fair amount of first hand knowledge with people who lived through 70 years of Communism where it was a state crime to teach anything other than atheism and evolution in the public forum. Registered churches who were willing to follow state guidelines could conduct services within their walls only, but unregistered churches who would not accept the compromises of state guidelines were considered illegal. I talked with one man who said the last time he saw his father was when the KGB took him from their home at night and presumably sent him to Siberia because he had committed "crimes against the state" as a pastor. That was a common occurrence. What the underground church under Communism endured for contradicting mandatory education in atheism and evolution was often kept from the national news by our liberal media. All of this was fueled by the Marxist agenda which relied heavily on convincing the populace of atheism and evolution. But in the end the godless system of Communism imploded, and the Church is still teaching theism and creation and will continue to do so till the end of time.

I had the privilege to live there for a period of time and use a public auditorium where the walls were lined with famous atheists/evolutionists/communists who spoke there ... they are gone ... but in the very podium where they promoted their agenda in the name of (false) science the enduring Word of God went forth and another church was founded.

Here is a good book to read: https://books.google.com/books/abou..._read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false