Good stuff F3.

I particularly like the first photo with the pelts, the rifle and the traps. Looks like you've a hunting heritage. I've had to create my own hunting heritage. My dad did not hunt and only owned one firearm all his life. However my son that hunts and my grandkids will have that heritage.

From the pix you post I'm envious of area you in which you live. I've hunted elk twice, one DIY and one guided hunt. No elk, but my guided hunt just outside Yellowstone in Jardine was only topped by seeing my kids be born. Watching a herd of cow elk topping a ridge in the pink of an early morning sunrise, or the sun coming up over "electric peak " with the Yellowstone River just below is almost a religious experience. Texas is great, but for the most part we don't have the mountains and big game species you guys have. Two-sides to every coin.

I've been snaring hogs for years but am thinking about acquiring some traps for coyotes. Been reading and studying on different sets. All of a sudden I'm hearing several packs of an evening.

We have to be careful where/when and how we set snares and traps as this is an operating cattle ranch. Snagged my first deer with a snare, or rather an antler. Got a pix later on game cam in the area of a 1 antlered fork horn. LOL. I set my snares where there are holes in the fence and sprinkle corn on either side in order to entice the porkers that use these holes in the fence as run-ways. Seems this little guy was eating the corn, stuck his head thru and when he raised his head the snare caught the antler. He was in velvet, and it broke off easily. No harm to the deer.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/01/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.