Well, Smokepole.

Y'all are OK with a rifle/cartridge combination that puked severely on the firing line and caused injury. This with others and especially a family member near by and participating in its use.

What I'm hearing is rifle goes boom and scatters parts, owner and onlookers ultimately pissed at the event and what could have happened, not withstanding '22's injuries.

Firearm and ammo manufacturer are contacted, no resolve from either, although Ruger did examine and offered a new rifle. Hornaday did not acknowledge or compensate in any meaningful way.

Generally people would be not satisfied with the response and compensation 22 received. There in lies some suspicion as to why y'all went away pissed/mad, doesn't cost the manufacturer anything (you have gone away) other than the few gun cranks on forums like this will give pause to purchasing Ruger or Hornaday products.

I have been in the shooting sports for 35+ years and have used firearms for ~45 years. I only know personally of one time a rifle blew up and caused injury (the rifle was included in a recall the importer failed to notify the customer, he was dully compensated for his injuries). There have many squib loads and bulged barrels on the firing line ,however.

To bad for the shooting public that a catastrophic event causing injury is sated by a couple hundred bucks of rifle.

Even with this partial knowledge I would not go near a Ruger in future.

I may be an [bleep], but not this time........I don't think your getting the whole story.

Work on that flinch and have a day.