Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Don't forget an angle cosine indicator, kestrel, 3 smart phones with ballistic software and properly installed wind flags strategically placed throughout the COF... Poor ole Don just ain't up to speed...

How do you fückers ever get any shooting done dicking around with all that bullshit...

An angle cosine indicator or rangefinder showing angle is actually very necessary if the shots are uphill or downhill drastically. Good catch there ehg!

On a recent hunt where the conditions were such, a buddy shot an animal at 750 yards and ignored his cosine indicator. He still took a bit off of his data. He hit and killed the animal above the one he was actually shooting at.

I did some practice shooting at the end of the hunt on some boulder faces to just see how much angle affects the data and POI. Ballistic AE has an angle compensation on the HUD.

Lasering a horizontal split in a rock face with a good POA picked out, the rangefinder read 1275 yards uphill at 23.5 degrees. When the angle was input into AE, the data changed from 8.8 mils to 8 mils even. I wanted to see if this was correct so I had a buddy spot with a mil reticle to measure any vertical error accurately.

The data change by AE was perfect as 3 shots went exactly into the POI and probably a 4" group.

If you don't think angle has a dramatic affect on POI, you're completely ignorant.

laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.