Good stuff guys.

Great Pix SamO

Speaking of old Ford trucks, here’s a tale fer ya’
But first an anecdote……..

A snail walks into a car dealership and sez he wants to buy a certain car. He works with the salesman to make a deal but there is one catch. Before he will take delivery he wants the dealership to paint a big red “S” on both the driver and passenger front doors. The salesman thinks that this is unusual, but agrees if that is what it takes to ink the deal. A couple days later the snail comes back to pick up the car. As he is driving out, the salesman states that he’s had a lot of strange request s, but this one is tops. Why did you want a big red “S” painted on the doors. The snail replies. When I drive an ordinary vehicle folks don’t much pay attention. But in this one they will say “look at that S-car go.

I went broke in the mid eighties. Lost a several million dollar business. Lost my house, my cars, my self esteem. I went from owning a company with 35 employess and being able to write a 100K check on my signature to throwing a paper route 7 days a week, for $100 per week, selling insurance on a debit, and delivering pizza at night. Well fortune smiled on me and by 2000, I could once more afford a decent vehicle.

I bought this Ford F-350 in June of 2000. For two or three year prior had been driving a 1976 Chevy P/U with no A/C. It's not unusual to use the A/C here 12 months out of the year. When it’s 115 degrees out and 110 percent humidity, it’s hard not to get hot under the collar. After almost 15 years of driving Schitttt cars and trucks, I knew how good that snail felt. I'd get in that truck, get a big glass of iced tea (with lots of ice), put it on max air get on the highway, turn on some tunes, light up a stogie, and just cruise. It might be 110 out but it was cool inside.

[Linked Image]

I’ve totaled it twice and put it back together. Last time I put it back together and put $4,700 in my pocket.

Still have to this day. May take it to the Petting Zoo tomorrow.

It has 390K+ miles on it. I just replaced the original injectors with a matched set, a new high pressure oil pump, cold air intake and a 5 stage programmer. I can spin the 315 75R15’s.
Just waitin’ for someone to come along and hit me so I can get a new paint job.

[Linked Image]

I tell folks that the buzzards at the “Petting Zoo” have come to recognize my truck. When they see me coming, they tell their friends and relatives, Gdub’s here, we’ll be eating high on the hoglet soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

Last edited by geedubya; 02/16/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.