Originally Posted by Rogue
Got it. Not claiming Navy aviators as a whole are not best trained mirrored sun glass wearers.

The fall out rate for 18 series medics, start to finish is way higher than anything else the DOD has to offer.

Intelligence is only a small part of the rating.

Ran 90% when I went through Flight Training. I suspect SEAL is pretty high up there as well. Pre-Flight was head game and PT intensive, near what I went through at PI, except as officers we were not "Thumped" by our Marine DIs like we were in the Crotch. After that, it was academics and of course you HAD to perform flying skills with an often-times dick of a flight instructor. Then of course there was your first carrier landing (day) and nothing in my view compares. Different skill set to be sure, but again apples/oranges comparison which is what I was trying to get through to what I also suspect was our "short" BlueMonday. Lastly, there's been many validated studies of Aviators in combat and night carrier landings and the stress factor for the latter was higher. Lastly, on the subject of medic/corpsmen, Navy also has a further qualification called "independent steam Corpsman", mostly on Subs and they are closer to a PA than a Corpsman. But combat is something our little man is a stranger to...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”