Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Nut,

What didja' almost "do" this week? I mean besides steal pics and lie out your ass? Congratulations?!?

You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it"!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Well, For starts I headed to the North and East side of the mountain to hang some trail cams. I'm thinking there could be a few little bears hanging around. Toted a blued steel SAMMI 243 I'd recently played with. Cut the barrel to 20, trigger work, uber scope, bedded in an ugly 'ol laminate and tried a few loads. Not bad for a POS.

[Linked Image]

Tried calling in a Coyote, but to no avail. Seems with the wind, spitting snow and sleet, I was the only one dumb enough to be out and about, or so I thought.

Did take along my prize squirrel dog to see if he could tree one or two.

[Linked Image]

But the quarry were well armed.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

So I beat feet for the truck before dark and started the trek home. I stopped in at the country store and had a dozen arrows cut on the way.

I was plum tuckered out from all the exertion, but I always sleep better after stroking my wood. So that's what I did.
[Linked Image]

Then, had supper so I could be plenty energetic and ready for another round of hard chargin'.
[Linked Image]

Life is good! laffin'.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson