Yup, there are good folks behind enemy lines for sure. Sounds like your buddy doesn't have too much to worry about.

Didn't mean to offend or put off with those last two lines, just stating facts and a weak assed attempt at humor. An older gentleman taught me the importance of not bitching on one of my first elk hunts. We went up in the dark in new country (to me). After it got light out he said, "Look back at camp so you know where to go end of the day." So I did. We all split up and I got on a bull track and followed him up, up, up. Late in the day I left the track never having caught a glimpse of him and headed down. Picked the wrong ridge heading to camp and things just didn't look right. I was lost. I had noted that a creek ran by camp, so I followed water down until it hit what I thought was the creek going by our camp and then followed it. My headlamp gave out halfway there and I had no spare batteries. 10pm I made it to camp where my father in law and his buddy were into the cups pretty good. "We were just about to come look for you." Yeah, right. Anyways, I got some food and we did it again in the morning. At the end of the hunt ol' Paul looked at me and said, "Well Whip, your first day was a doozy but you did what was smart and didn't bitch a bit about it. I guess you can come along again." Not to say I've never bitched in elk country, but mostly I'm by myself when I do. Around the campfire I reckon it's appreciated.

Anyways, you guys have a good night. Off to chase antelope with my boys and Grandpa 'til Tuesday. Cheers!