Originally Posted by steve4102
Soon after Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein suggested using a wiretap to record President Trump’s communications, then-acting FBI director Andrew McCabe went to the bureau’s top lawyer seeking advice on what he had just heard.

Rosenstein, McCabe told the lawyer, wanted to furtively record the president to help explore whether Trump had obstructed justice. How, McCabe asked, should the FBI respond to the outlandish proposition?

McCabe was at the top of the Coup/Insurance Plan to remove President Trump from office.

Why would he go to Baker for advice and describe [RR] plan as "outlandish" when just about everything McCabe and the FBI had done to Trump in the past couple months/years were even more Outlandish? McCabe is already involved in an illegal wiretap of Donald J Trump, what's so outlandish about recording him in person?

Something about that McCabe/Baker meeting doesn't smell right.

Seems we have alittle confliction with who said it and to whom.

"Baker told Congress last week that his boss — then-acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — was dead serious about the idea of surreptitiously recording the 45th president and using the evidence to make the case that Trump should be removed from office, according to my sources."

So Baker says it was Mccabe, and then Mccabe says it was RR who came up with the idea.
And just because Mccabe went to the lawyer for a feel out session about the idea, doesnt mean ne was poopooing it. Perhaps he was trying to figure out HOW to make it legally work,

Weve seen the FBI ACT on the surface with honesty, according to the Law, for the official record (by firing Steele because the information was weak and unverifiable) THEN. KEEP HIM ON THE PAYROLL clandestinely and use the Ohrs as the conduit to keep working with him.

I get the feeling Mccabe was trying to pass the buck here to RR..."oh it wasnt me who wanted to do this...", trying to maintain the appearance of legitamacy and lawfulness about the notion of illegally tapping the Trumpet ( just like firing, them keeping Steele on the paroll) protecting himself from self incrimination.
While in his own mind, as Baker said, he was fully ready to implement this plan.

but...wah wah waaaaaaaaah. FI-YERD!!! laugh

Now PROSECUTE! that motherhumper! grin

Last edited by WillARights; 10/10/18.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016