I have not heard of Gibson complaining about that quote, plus I've heard plenty of interviews with him where he more than alludes to the fact that kind of demonic stuff goes on in Hollywood.
So if someone made a quote and attributed it to me and the words were true with stronger language, I would be wishing I had said it just like that.
As time goes on and more truth is revealed we could very well find out that the quote attributed to Mel Gibson was exactly what he said. In this world of the last 30yrs. or more of what is up is down, what is left is right, believing the many "fact check" sites on the Internet is absolutely foolish, yeah, there's that word again smirk. When we fall for those alleged factual sites, run by the CIA and Reuters, we end up with egg on our face because it becomes clear later that those sites have an agenda and that agenda is to lead us off of any path where they could be revealed. I've seen this happen for about 71 yrs. now and never check snopes or any of the other fact check sites because I know they aren't factual.