Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by jk16
NOBODY who was actually AT that meeting where Rosenstein supposedly discussed tgr wire EVER said he suggested recording Trump to invoking the 25th ammendment for removal. Lisa Page's notes fron tge neeting mentiin tge argument but not any mention of tge 25th ammendment

THAT has all been speculation by the NYT. And we KNOW what lying snakes they are.

The CONTEXT of Rosenstein's "wire" comment was important as well.McCabe was Risensteins boss at the time .The meeting WAS contentious as McCabe was badgering his fellow agents to come up with some leverage to thwart Trump's influence over the FBI. Rosenstein says he used it as a snide comback to McCabe saying " What do you want me to do Andy (McCabe) , wear a WIRE?"

I could see that happening . And I could ALSO see McCabe's people feeding it to the NYT to make Rosenstein look bad and get Trump to fire him.

Really?

Since when does the Deputy Director or even the Acting Director of the FBI oversee the Deputy Director of the DOJ?

Rosenstein's Boss is AG Sessions, not the director of the FBI. The FBI reports to the DOJ, not the other way around.

Exactly,and I mistskely reversed their roles in that post.. I was in a hurry this agyernoon when I posted it.

But the basic point remains the same Many poeple who wre at that meeting said it was contentious and McCabe was pleading with Rosenstein to get leverage on Trump.

The fact that Trump decided to retain Rosenstein rather than fire him along with the rest of Obama's US attiorney's says something.

It's also interesting that Baker said it was McCabe and the FBI that asked him about the legality of taping Trump..