Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by K22
I like your analogy Gus and it is very true, but I don't think that was the point being made at that time of his speech.

i agree that my point was not his point at all. he had a much larger, all encompassing point, and it was very inspirational too.

but, in a practical matter, we take it a step at a time. i'd like to allocate my forced contribution of taxes to uses of which i approve, not to uses of which i disapprove.

my satisfaction will occur as the President's greater goals are achieved.

taxes paid at the "request" of a drawn pistol has always dismayed me, what living in a "free" country and all.

the propaganda we have been fed over the ages is enough to choke a dog. even hogs are at risk of being choked.

While I understand the sentiment, this is nothing but a pipe dream. Do you seriously think that if you owe, say, $1000 in taxes, that you are going to earmark how that money is spent when you send it in? Not going to happen, even if this Q business turns out to be real. We elect Representatives to originate the spending that the government does; that is in the Constitution. Don't like how the money is being spent, vote the bums out. But your approach would result in chaos.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.