Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What a great analogy, as Q is so much like the Wizard of Oz.

Q has a similar dark, gothic Wizard-of-Oz effect.

Q has convinced its followers of the need to believe the unbelievable.

The one (or ones) behind the curtain knows exactly which dog whistles or buttons to push or drama to use to line up the gullible Qubers in an obedient way.

Most alarming of all to me is that Q and the fictional Wizard exposed the weakness of grown adults to fall for illusory mumbo jumbo, sight unseen. Both Q and the Wizard were powerless, but convinced people otherwise. Both were cowardly mortals hiding behind a curtain.

And how did that story really end with the Wizard?
I believe he assured them that they lacked very little in what they were seeking and gave them some extraordinary knowledge and advice.

How did the story end? I believe it ended with the huckster Wizard leaving in a hot air balloon. Hot air…another similarity…that’s all the Wizard had to offer when exposed—hot air to perpetuate his myth.

In the end the Wizard leaves everyone high and dry, even though he promised Dorothy he would take her back to Kansas. His game plan was all fake, as he was a fake who disappeared and vanished in his hot air balloon into thin air…eery similarities.