You said "After I "invented" this I found it had been homologated by CIP about a quarter century ago (IIRC) as the ".45-70 Elko Magnum." Exactly the same chambering. cool .

Since I had a vague memory of such a cartridge, I did some research on the ".45-70 Elko Magnum." and found a old thread on the Cast Boolits Forum about a Beretta DR of that caliber. which may have been a Beretta shotgun converted to a .458 double rifle of considerable power . It even had .45-70 Elko Magnum stamped on the barrels. As soon as I get my Beretta .45-70 DR with 26 inch barrels a little better regulated with 405 grain bullets, I will look into that Elko Magnum! smile There are even some loaded 450 grain 45-90 rounds left over from their trip to Africa,
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Going through my collection of .458 and .411 bullets, I discovered a long forgotten box of .458 North Fork 450 grain Flat Point Solids! Same bullets used in my 1886 .458 2.4 in Africa to put ele and buff to sleep.
From 20 yards, frontal brain shots went through the skull, brain, and on out into the body ! Naturally they shot through the Cape Buff. There are even some loaded 450 grain 45-90 rounds left over from their trip to Africa, mmmmm Maybe I am not too old for another African hunt. ?

Riflecrank, if this works out, I may have to buy you a Donkey!

Last edited by crshelton; 01/28/21.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/