Originally Posted by gunner500
10-rahjah on the lower pressures with the AA-2460 Sir Ron, Thanks for the math, those Northforks look like some fine bullets, hope that new company can fly em high and sell the hell out of train loads of them, that said, i gotta say, were i to completely blow the petals off a 450gr TSX, that would have to remain a 380 grain flat nosed solid [After] wrecking the hell out of things on the way to losing it's petals, damn hard to beat imho. smile

Sir Jerry,
I don't think you will blow the petals off the .458-450gr TSX as long as you keep it under 2500 fps in the .458 WM+.
Now, if we could have a copy of that monometal copper CNC-turned in brass, the petals would blow off every time on the plains game of any size, big or small, near or far.
The 450-gr TSX translated to brass would have a weight of about 430 grains and blow down to about 360-gr of jagged FN brass solid, by comparison.
Might exit more often than the copper bullet, blood trail from both sides of the animal.
BC would be a little less too though, proportional to the lower SD,
but MV might be a little higher, with the slicker brass bullet of lighter weight.
Hey, maybe give it a little boat tail and pointier nose ?
What the heck, make it a 400-grain varmint bullet made of brass and shoot it at +2600 fps !

A visual comparison on the North Fork SS bullets, .423-380gr and .458-450gr:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If both impacted a buffalo at 2400 fps, which would kill better ?
Why, the .458 WM+ of course.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.