quote=gunner500: Many Thanks for posting the pics Sir Ron, notice the bottom of that metal coffee can out front? it has no hole, the force of the bullet going in the top blew the bottom out of it as well as split the can down the middle, the 5 gal buckets were spun nearly 180 degrees, i had the filler caps at 12 o'clock, the bullet strike lined up perfect with shooting into a the smaller coffee can lid from the prone position, whole lotta crazy voodoo going on with that level of pressure LOL, i have no doubts about using those 480gr DGX's on any animal one would employ a soft nosed bullet on, plenty tough.

FINALLY HORNADY HAS MADE A GOOD DGR BULLET, bless their hearts.

I had asked Wife to grab a set of headphones and come watch, she was at the backyard gate, when i retrieved the bullet to lay on rifle for a pic she pulled her 9mm round out that she had in her pocket, "here, put my flower you made me in the picture too!" aint i a romantic devil? ; ]

Ah, that is so sweet !

FWIW and off topic, no one i know [even factory] loads the 125gr Barnes hp's in 9mm, 6gr of Power Pistol easily fits for any col one needs for proper function, bullet leaves her P365's at 1100 fps, really easy for her to shoot, i shot through three 3lb Kirkland coffee cans lengthways with that load last week, had three one gallon olive oil jugs huddled around back of the last can, that little buzzsaw ate through three cans and took a bite out of one of the olive oil jugs then fell back into the third can, mighty fine SD carry load imho. end quote

Recipe noted. I will load some for Wife's Glock 19, and mine !
Here is her concealed carry permit target. She shot better than all the men, boys and girls there that day,
at Bud's Gun Shop & Range.
Only one bullet of 20 outside the 5X ring.
She got bored and yawned on that one.

[Linked Image]

And, hey, my Wife was a track star in high school too.
I sure liked watching the girls run. grin
Our first date, she was 16 y.o. and I was an 18 y.o. "college boy" (aimless West Point dropout by the spring of 1973)
and I followed the girls' track bus to an "away" meet in my 1966 Mustang.
I gave her a ride home from the meet, about a 100-mile ride.
8-track tape player Moody Blues, Bread, and America (Horse With No Name) ... did the trick.
Told my coach about that at the 50th reunion of our boys' state cross-country championship team of 1971,
only 3 of 5 scorers still alive.
Coach nearly had a heart attack himself, made me feel like I had done something wrong.
If I hadn't dropped out of West Point after they announced they were getting out of Vietnam,
I would not have met my Wife.
Now we live in even more interesting times, as the Chinese curse goes ...

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.