Ruger Hawkeye 458 WM update:

Got to the range this morning to decide which sights to use and zero the rifle. It continues to impress with the consistent accuracy delivered with the CEB BBW #13 450 grain FP monolithic Solid. I decided to install one of my old tried and true Leupold 1-4x25 scopes on factory Ruger rings. This scope had been on one of the 404-375 Hawkeyes in the past.

Settled on the scope because the alignment of the comb and cheek weld are ideal. At 1x there’s a very adequate FOV, though scopes are not my favorite solution for elephants in a herd. It’ll work though. BTW, the loads in the cut-off Lott cases have identical POI as the 458 WM cases.

Here’s the 1st and final target with this load and scope from the bench at 25 yds at 4x:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Next time I’ll fire it at 50 yds and never return to the bench!

Still working out the sights for the Win M-70 G&A. Today I settled on a Holosun 530C mounted on the factory QD mount on a modified Warne steel base on the front receiver ring. The shots with different sights as I adjusted them are visible on the left hand target in the lower photo.

I’ll finalize the sight setting next week. BTW the 460 now has 12 ounces of lead in the buttstock - quite an improvement in recoil speed!

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now