Sir Ron,

In response to your question, “So, does the tang-safety African .458 WinMag have the standard recoil lug on the action, or does it have one of those cantilevered recoil plates in the forearm ?” the Ruger M-77 TS 458 WM, indeed has a version of the steel forend flat bar/integral recoil lug/angled front action screw arrangement that was later used in the RSM. I have not compared measurements of the steel recoil systems in the TS and RSM. I plan to do that at some point just to know. I suspect that the RSM recoil bar/foreend lug evolved from the TS 458 WM.

Without the intact system in place the RSM will split the stock on the first shot, at least in 450 Rigby @ 2400 fps - don’t ask me how I know. Fortunately Numrich still carries 2 versions (Gens 1 & 3) of the RSM stock but not the recoil bar. My current RSM is a Gen 2 stock.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 08/10/23.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now