Mindful of minimizing paper waste, a previously small-bore-perforated target was used to get the bigger holes on paper:

[Linked Image]

No fooling of chronograph nor damage to sky screens by lube wads occurred with chrono placed at 7 to 8 yards.
Only 5 rounds were chronographed to minimize the risk.
570-grainer instrumental velocity mean = 1236 fps, with Sd = 7 fps for the 5 shots:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

About the charitably-donated, paper-patched 555-grainers with patched diameter of only 0.448",
test-fired in the .45-2.6" SWT: 5 shots tried, 4 of 5 keyholed, only one made a round hole.
I pulled the remaining 5 to save for another trial in a "no-throat" .45-70 Govt. with .457" groove diameter.
Ditto my own 531-grainers which patched up to .449" diameter,
5 tried in the .45-2.6" SWT with Pedersoli barrel, only 2 made round holes. Goldie Ruger-Pedersoli was quite embarrassed by this.
In the .458 WM+ my 531-grain, paper-patched bullets keyholed 5 more.

I have concluded that for the long-throat with wide base,
if paper-patched and BP are used, the slick must be at least of bore diameter, and patched up to at least groove diameter.
I had good results previously using .452"-diam./ 530-gr. pure lead slick (bought from Buffalo Arms Co.) patched up to .459" diameter,
in a .459"-grooved, 22"-barreld (1:20" twist) .45-2.6"-SWT, made by re-chambering a factory Ruger No. 1 .45-70 Govt.

[Linked Image]

The five remaining 555-gr. paper-patched bullets will be held in trust for future expenditure when appropriate.
Buy a donkey, Sir Jerry.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.