Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Fury01
Yes sir on the jet sled! I love it. With my jet sled I don’t need anybody. I might need more time but I don’t need help. I like help especially if my son is the one helping. He moved to Colorado so I’m on my own this year. I hate sitting in trees and have never used a tower but doubt I would like it. I like the ground. Rim rock or prairie hillsides, fallen trees all make me happy.
I will reserve one tag for the magnificent 458WM pushing a 485 fn cast bullet again this year. She has never Failed me.
Best regards,
F01
Hope you bleed one with that big cast slug F01, i'm going to take my saami FN Browning 458 WM for a walk on the mountain in the morning, it's opening day here, 500 grains of Partition at 2166 awaits! wink

Originally Posted by crshelton
Excellent, I see no reason for a solid in this hemisphere"

Unless you are shooting exotics such as Water buff or Cape Buff in Texas.
I used my 1895 .405 and 300 grain NF CPS at 2200 fps on Water Buff with good success. The CPS should work fine on Cape Buff too.

I used my 1886 .45-90 on Bison (450 grain NF at 2150 fps) for a shoulder shot at 45 yards: complete shoot through that dumped the running Bison head over heels. Great eating too.

Excellent stuff Sirs !

The 500-gr NosPart with BC = 0.389 at 2166 fps MV and 5208 ft-lbs KE will arrive at 200 yards with 1779 fps and 3512 ft-lbs.
Guaranteed effective point and shoot out to 220 yards if zeroed about +2.61" at 100 yards.
Recoil is only a few ft-lbs more than 404-gr SH at 2500 fps.
Sir Jerry will not be able to tell the difference.

All kinds of Buffalo Medicine is welcome at The Square Table, .458-caliber preferred, of course, like Sir Charles' North Fork load.

I am going to see if I can get decent accuracy out of the 407-gr Accurate Molds hardcast/GC/PC-painted at 2500 fps.
First from a .458 WM (1:14" twist) with adult length barrel.
Only if necessary, I'll try them in the 1:18" and 1:20" twists of .45-100-2.6" aka .45-70 Elko Magnum.
That will save on practice loads, as substitute for Shock hammers.

And now a new technique learned from the January 2023 issue of GUNS Magazine, pp. 54-55,
"Beagling Bullets the bulletcaster's best friend" by Alan Garbers.
He got it from John "Beagle" Goins at

www.castboolits.gunloads.com

There is a sticky thread there with title "Mould Enlargement 'beagling' "
and it starts off with this PDF:

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/MoldMods/BDE.pdf

This uses aluminum foil tape as shims between the mould block halves.
Can add .003" to .004" to diameter of cast bullet from that mould.
The bullets may not be perfectly round, but hardly any cast bullet is.
They will be cast large and sized down a bit in sizers that probably are not perfectly round either,
to the nearest micron.
From the PDF:
"Even elliptical bullets are rounded during the sizing process, especially if sized in one of the newer tapered
sizer dies. Accuracy is just as good as with completely round bullets. Even though these bullets may be slightly out
of round, they still maintain balance when fired."

With this technique I might be able to turn the Bagwellian Lyman PH .457"/475-grainer
into a hardcast .461"/485-grain PH with which to Bagwell
using smokeless loads for the .458 WM.

To be continued ...

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.