Originally Posted by Bugger
...I have no “need” for a 458. But if I buy one, cast bullets is what I’d have in mind.

What’s your favorite cast bullet loads in the 458?

I really hope that "needing" a rifle never becomes a requirement for buying a new one because that will throw my entire acquisition strategy into disarray. grin grin grin

I'm a new convert to the 458 WM having been intrigued by the enthusiasm of some of the other poster's love for this particular cartridge. This thread has been an invaluable resource that really could be condensed into a small book on the topic. But sometimes it can be a bit unwieldy to locate particular information. As a computer nerd, I usually go to Google & drop in a search like the one below:

site:www.24hourcampfire.com "The Great 458 Winchester" "cast bullets"

This will return the 2,040 times that "cast bullets" were mentioned in this thread with the top 49 results on the first page. Any phrases in double quotes has to appear on the page so sometimes I use it to find a post by a particular person. When I open the first link, I hit <Ctrl><F> to find that phrase. Whenever I open another link to go to a new page / post, I can always hit the <F3> shortcut key to toggle through every mention of that phrase on the new page without having to type anything in. It will just repeat the previous search. Doing something like this, allows me to locate specific items quickly and jump through thousands of posts focusing only on the topic I'm researching.

I don't know if anyone will find this useful or not, but if it helps at least one person, then I thought it was worth a mention. For some people, tricks like these just makes things more confusing. As someone who writes code all day, I have a tendency to be very keyboard-centric and efficient about searching for things. Since I was unable to answer Bugger's question directly, I thought I would share how I've been sifting through the copious information here.

On a side note, while surfing around earlier this weekend, I stumbled across this gem below from Gary Larson and The Far Side. My first thought was "Hey! It's Sir Ron putting a Shock Hammer to good use". I've never met any of the Knights of the Square Table but this is kind of what I visualize some of them are like based on their posts. wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]