Sir Knights,

Apologies for the dearth of info on my first reload! The load that I have started using for range practice is a 410 grain bullet with a flexible rubber tip. They are bulk packed at Midway, so I'm not sure who makes them, but I think they are Hornady. Federal brass, Fed 215 primer, 68.4g AA2015, loaded to 3.190 COAL. This is listed as a starting load, and I'm averaging 2100fps at the muzzle. The book calls for 3.140 for a 400g bullet and I made this to basically match the COAL of a federal 400g load that I have a little of. I assume (please correct me if I am wrong), that if this was the same bullet as the 400 in the book, that I would be reducing pressure and velocity very slightly by loading it longer than listed. Since this is not the same bullet, I thought that this COAL would either reduce the pressure slightly or maybe equal out given the slight extra weight/length. I prefer not to mess with loading data, and just use it exactly as it is in the book, but since I can't find data for some of the components I have, I did wing it a bit. I also assumed that since this is a starting load, and the pressure is already fairly low, that I would be safe. Seems to be the case.