Sir Bob,
Yes, Wife has been hard hit, she is still in Florida dealing with it all.
The malpractice part is probably going to slide off into the 2-year statute of limitations,
as tort reform in Florida made it unprofitable for lawyers to undertake cases for deceased elderly widows.
"Free Kill Law" of Florida is what lobbyists against it call it.

MIL was a pastor's wife and a social worker, mother of five children with him.
She loved dogs. We inherited her last one.
A little over 3 years ago, her second husband (a WWII Navy Pilot), died at 98 y.o.
She ended up in the "assisted living/dying home" at 91 y.o. but could not keep her dog, a Min Pin called Meika.
MIL ended up getting a declawed cat as a pet she was able to care for in "the home." How sad.
We took Meika in at 14-3/4 y.o. or 103 dog years.
She made it to fully 17.5 y.o. or 122 dog years.
She wasted from 16 pounds to 10 pounds, and was euthanized to end the suffering, and we cried lots with that.
That was about 6 months ago, and MIL heard about it and recommended another dog.
We dallied, but now in remembrance of her we have found not one but two pups to rescue from "Animal Control."
In the spirit of carrying on, as you stated so gracefully, I vow to keep at least one dog at all times,
and name them for rifle calibers, including retroactively.

Precious Meika in her prime at 17 y.o. or 119 dog years:

[Linked Image]

What luck to get sibling pups, male and female, 9 pounds each and 6 months old, according to "Kennel Card."
I can pick them up Monday after they recover enough from their spaying an neutering. Ouch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those two are going to be trained as squirrel dogs, tree rat dogs.

If I outlive the rat terriers, I pray The Lord will allow me one more dog:

[Linked Image]

Hopefully at this stage:

[Linked Image]

Not at this stage:

[Linked Image]

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.