The Lottite Protective Association (LPA) is active over at africahuntingdotcom.
Mentioning 24hrcampfiredotcom over there will get you censored.

I looked because Sir Larry copied and pasted there, and this has clarified the Walter Johnson identified by Col. Askins on the 1970 Botswana safari.
Must have been Wally Johnson, Sr.'s son Walter Johnson, Jr.

Someone over there said: "Hopefully it's not that guy that thanks you for contributing to the mission. He deserves a perpetual swift kick in the pants until Jesus returns."

I replied there:
"Sir, I resemble that remark.
However The Mission at a certain Arab-owned website became The Crusade at **NOT**PERMITTED**.
Now, the war is over. The .458 Winchester Magnum is truly victorious. The WinMag won.
Now we celebrate The Brotherhood of the .458 Winchester Magnum.
Honorary Knighthood in this Brotherhood is part of that celebration.

And here is what I said about the confusion over Wally, Sr. versus Walter, Jr.:
****************************************************************************************
Nowhere in the Capstick book does Wally deny ever owning a .458 Winchester Magnum.

On page 57 he did say this, circa 1987-1988, when he was 75 years of age:

"I still consider and always will consider the .375 Holland & Holland Magnum as 'the only gun.'
In fact, I shot many hundreds of buffalo with the 9.3mm Mauser to save .375 ammo. I had no problems, but I would have preferred the .375 if I could have spared the ammo."

The book mentions Walter Junior being a PH in Botswana about 1970, so about age 30 y.o., before Senior pitched up there maybe. The book (Wally) said Walter Junior was using his own .458 to stop charging hippos, etc., page 112.

So Askins said it was "Walter Johnson" with the M70 African .458 Winchester Magnum during the 1970 safari in Botswana.
Must have been Wally's son, most likely was. Askins can be sketchy.
But I cannot find Wally denying ever owning a .458 WinMag in his recountings within the Capstick book.

There is a passage about Wally guiding two Americans with their wives in Mozambique, no year specified, probably pre-1970 from the context.
One of Wally's trackers was carrying "a spare.458 Winchester Magnum caliber and I knew it was stoked with solid 500-grain bullets." So said Wally.
One of the clients wounded a cape buffalo. PH Wally and the two clients followed it.
It charged from the "long grass" at 20 yards and Wally yelled for all to fire. The clients shot once each then one's magazine opened and dumped and the other's rifle "had a lock-tight jam!"
Wally got off 3 shots before the buffalo hit him, all good shots,
and he had a misfire/dud for a fourth shot with muzzle pressed into the buffalo's face,
later attributed to dirty rifle, and old ammo, worked fine after cleaning thoroughly and with fresh lot of ammo.
No calibers specified for any rifles except the spare .458.
Wally was probably carrying his .375 H&H, tracker carried Wally's "spare .458" ?
Client Gerry Knight ("... to whom I owe my life" said Wally) took the spare .458 and shot the buffalo off of Wally. Pp. 169-173.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.