What ?
No comments on this Hornady lab data ?:

.458 Lott, 3.600" COL, 500-gr Hornady old FMJ, 62,000 psi (for MAP 62,500 psi), 73.6 grains >>> 2100 fps

.458 WinMag, 3.340" COL, 500-gr Hornady old FMJ, 59,500 psi (for MAP 60,000 psi), 73.8 grains >>> 2100 fps

This is perfectly understandable due to the throating difference:
SAAMI .458 Lott is too tight and too short.
SAAMI .458 Winchester Magnum is perfection.

Speaking of how easy it is to blow a primer with the SAAMI .458 Lott ...

I am proud to say I finally blew another primer with the .458 Winchester Magnum.
This is my second such achievement.
First one was about 35 years ago using IMR-4198 and a 400-grainer in R-P brass, in a Remington 700 BDL "Safari"
IIRC.
I have some loads to disassemble now.
I quit when I achieved the lock-up of Daisy the Ruger No. 1,
as the rain was about to pour from the sky.
I went home and opened her by pulling hard enough on the lever for the extractor to jump the belted-case rim.
A loose primer fell out, recovered.
The Norma brass case was pushed out easily with a ML ramrod.
See photos below.
Daisy is ready to go again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is the Norma brass soft ?
Does the temperature change of 42*F warmer have something to do with this, compared to my previous 450-gr TSX top load ?
The 500-grain TBSS with AA-2460 at +2350 fps from a 24" barrel is still tops, thank you Sir Jerry.
The 450-gr TSX at +2400 fps is still plenty good, using only 80 grains of AA-2230 at 3.565" COL.
Apparently 500-grain weight and compactness of length make the TBSS solid more efficient at kinetic energy production.

I will stick with Hornady and W-W Super brass for top performance with smokeless loads of 250-gr to 600-gr bullets,
whether jacketed or monometal, including PC-painted hardcast.

My preferred use for Norma .458 Win. Mag. brass is still to use it for duplexed BP and paper-patched:

[Linked Image]

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.