The abuse I put up with elsewhere can be turned into fun:

"Riflecrank

If you're not going to shoot those rifles fast with hammer bullets you might want to let your sister do it😁 You can probably use your moped helmet as a stunt shooter helmet🤔🤔🤔"

https://hammerbullets.boards.net/attachment/download/3444

To which I replied:

Ha ha.
There once was a guy who went by the handle "shootaway" at the Arab Anchor Baby's website.
shootaway was a French-Canadian and claimed to actually use a "shooting helmet."
He also physically and mentally resembled the Billy Bob Thornton character Karl Childers from "Sling Blade."
I think shootaway liked mustard on his bullets, not biscuits, for his .458 Lott,
because he claimed 50 shots would wear out a .458 Lott barrel.
Must have been the mustard ... or the JB Paste he scrubbed his barrels with religiously.

[Linked Image from cdn.quotesgram.com]

The product of bullet weight in grains times velocity in fps has units of grains-fps, a nontraditional unit for momentum
which is usually expressed as pounds-fps, or "pounds-feet" as Elmer would say it.
So "grains-feet" is converted to "pounds-feet" by dividing by 7000.
Other units for momentum include "kilogram-meter per second" and "slug-fps" with a slug = 32.1740 pounds in US customary units.

A 400-gr bullet at 2500 fps has 1,000,000 grains-feet of momentum. A million grains-feet !
A 450-gr bullet at 2222.2...fps has same.
A 500-gr bullet at 2000 fps has same.

They are all going to be about equally fun to shoot.
If these are nondeforming bullets of proper FN nose design, they are all going to penetrate well enough.

Finn Aagaard said a 500-gr bullet at 2000 fps will make a bloody big hole through anything,
referring to his experience with the .458 WinMag.

He and Phil Shoemaker also noted that the old 400-gr Barnes X-Bullet did as well or better than any of the then available 500-gr soft-nose/expanding bullets.
That was for penetration and disruption of artificial media AND for results on big game in the field.

The similarly designed 400-gr monometal copper bullet is going to be shorter, and inherently more stable for straight-line penetration than a longer bullet.
It might make up for in extra stability anything it might lack in weight, for FN solid performance.
And I won't even need a manbun helmet to shoot it.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.