Good to know. Rooster Jacket does not make the paper patch stick to lead slick.
Most of the armies of the world used paper-patched bullets for many years, in all kinds of battle conditions, rain or shine.
They had their methods of water-proofing the paper patches, I have read, such as some kind of wax dip, according to Paul Matthews.

I loaded the greasers sitting directly on top of the lube cookie, BeesWax&OliveOil (BWOO), with some compression in seating the bullet.
When I pulled one of those (with kinetic puller) to load to longer COL and less compression, the BWOO Cookie or Biscuit (BWOOC or BWOOB)
came out of the case adherent to base of bullet, but when I touched it, it fell off the base of bullet.
The mildly compressed BP stayed in the case, snugged under the poker-card wad.
Pressing cold lead onto cold lube does not cause much bonding.
Still, a wax paper layer between bullet and BWOOB would not be a bad thing.

I used a Cut-Rite wax paper wad between the BWOOB and the paper-patched bullets.
I will check for downrange paper patch material when I shoot them.

From the .458 WM and .45-2.6"-SWT ballistic twins, I will eventually perfect my cast bullet techniques for application to more exotic things like:
.38/55
.40-65
.40-90
.45-70
.45-75
.50-70
.50-90
Feeding those BPCR babies properly with cast greasers and paper-patched is as natural as a mother breast feeding with two bazooms.
Smokeless and jacketed are like sticking a bottle in a baby's mouth.
Any modern rifle can do smokeless and jacketed, some can handle some cast bullets well with smokeless,
but it is most certainly best done with a .458 Winchester Magnum, the Elvis and the Muhammad Ali of rifles. Versatile, eh?

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.