Originally Posted by ldmay375
Well now, that would have been a hell of a ride. Short but Way fast !!

I still admire those Browning FN Safari rifles.
I drooled and blank stared over those when I was a kid. Then in the early 90's they were fairly common around here on the used racks. Just did not have the money to spend on them at the time. I still recall a 458 Winchester that I held during those times.

I have never bought a 458 in the FN Safari. But, I did a 30-06 type in excellent condition a few years ago. The only alteration being a Decelerator pad on the butt.

The standard magazine version 458 Winchester, is a mighty fine round. The very good to great 350 & 400 grain bullets certainly add to the versatility.

Yes Sir, tried to find a hobby after i retired that would feed an old adrenalin rush habit i was hooked on, drag racing is not scary enough LOL, will be at the shop again in the morning, putting finishing touches on a '69 year model Chrysler 440 block, just a simple 0.030 over aluminum headed roller street build, should make 550 HP on the dyno, will be fun in the old '69 roadrunner street car with A833 4 speed.

I love the FN Safari Brownings too, i got near 2300 fps with a 500gr partition at 3.340 inch, took a drop tube and AA-2460, but it made it, that would be a hell of a saami spec all game load, that '06 sounds like a dandy.

404gr Hammers paired with a good 400gr flat nosed solid would indeed do it all, especially at 2500+ fps.

Trump Won!