Originally Posted by gunner500
You bet Sir Ron, 400gr FN solids at 2500 fps is a whole different ballgame, should be outta sight penetration especially with the added stability from being only 1.250 inch long, damn, just dawned on me, 250 to 600 grains, dont think there is another caliber with such a wide bullet weight spread as .458, garden rabbits to elephant, you could always make that 10 twist #1 a 15lb back porch picnic table vermin exterminator, that would dampen recoil and wouldn't need a brake, 30 inch bull barrel should do it, maybe pac-nor has something.

Big B, good point, back in the day i couldnt tear up either 300gr Speer unicor in a long barreled 44 Ruger or a 454 Casull, i ran those slugs into all kinds of crap, much tougher bullet than the 300gr FA factory loaded bullet, it;s nice to run into reasonably priced bullets that are bar brawler tough.

Sir Jerry,
Hell yes on the vermin exterminator, but maybe just 28" barrel and 10 pounds to make Creedmoor rules,
with this bullet from CEB:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

SealTite band hanging out into throat, 10" twist good for 1300 fps to 2000+ fps ...
That dog would hunt too, as well as sit on a picnic table.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.