After his pronouncements on the 404/.458 SH, Doc M said:

With that said, I want to take you “Back In Time”, to a day when CNC bullets were in their infancy and we did not have a full understanding of how things worked just yet……….. And, this is directly connected to the tests with the Hammers above……….

This is one of our very early attempts at getting a proper .500 caliber bullet for buffalo. These bullets were made by David Fricke (Early Lehigh Beginnings) at my request through JD at the time. Very nice Copper, RN Hollow Point. This test was conducted in 2009, and I also used this bullet on a bunch of Australian Buffalo in 2009 with our very own Paul Truccolo. It was also the very first outing for the 500 MDM. I used this 470 gr Bullet, backed up with the 510 Solids. I had very serious concerns about the low SD and if these bullets were going to get me in a bind for penetration…..??? I mean a 470 gr .500 caliber bullet, SD of only .269 and everyone knows you have to have a minimum of .300 SD for buffalo, Right?…… :unsure: ……….. Well, test works showed pretty good? Should I trust the Test? Crap?????

After just slamming hell out of the first buffalo, bullets exiting right, left, front and ass, all those concerns about SD and penetration and effectiveness floated away like smoke floating in the air…………..After slamming another 13 buffalo with the 500 MDM and the results the same, we began to understand…………………..

Tell me Guys……. Does this look even vaguely familiar to anything you might have seen “Lately”……………. :unsure:

[Linked Image]

And another test using our new at the time Witness Cards (I am sure Ron Remembers these)………

[Linked Image]

Pay attention to where the “Petals” were found…………Take note of the “rounded edge” of the remaining bullet, although found nose forward with these, possibly a function of caliber? I don’t know…..but anyway….

Yep, Been there, got the T-Shirt…… This ain’t my first Rodeo……… LOL

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.