What a beautiful rifle. Thanks Sir Ron for posting. And one pic that shows chrony results at 2534 fps for that ancient ammo - say, I must be ancient too! My first bought centerfire was an in-grease Brasilian Mauser in 7 x 57. When cleaned up it was at least as beautiful as that M70 - but of course not as a sporting rifle. I bought a box of CIL 160grs and took it deer hunting. But, alas, It needed a scope for my purposes and I refused to spoil it by having to alter some pieces (bolt handle) and mount a scope by removing some wood and changing its appearance. It was returned where purchased for a '98 Military Mauser chambered to .30-06. BUT, I was confident that 160gr roundnose bullets at ~2600 fps was adequate for moose where they play hide 'n seek.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it brought back memories. BTW, I did fire it twice at a running deer through woods - missed both shots. That helped persuade me it (or I) needed a scope.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 12/31/23.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus