Originally Posted by 458Win
Originally Posted by jwp475

Ross won a world championship in pistol Tactical shooting before writing. He was also a pioneer with the bore bore revolvers taking a Cape Buffalo 🐃 once with a 355 grain hardcast at 1495 FPS from his Seville 45 colt built by John Linebaugh. Ross wrote the first articles on the 500 and 475 Linebaughs

I understand Ross did win the first " World Championship " , but it began as more of a local get together of interested folks, rather than the real hotshots it attracts now. I understand Ross is a good shot with handguns and long guns but is not in the league of today's sponsored shooters. He never won it again . But his writing was good

Phil,

Ross won the 5th IPSC World Championship not the first (not exactly a local get together as it happened in South Africa) and was the last guy to win with an uncompensated pistol and with a 45 ACP.

Compensated 38 Supers carried more bullets and recoiled significantly less.

To down play winning a World Championship by saying he never did twice is a bit weird.

Robby Leatham, Brian Enos, or Mike Voight had nothing but respect for his shooting ability in a highly competative shooting sport.

I have seen Ross pull more than a few triggers and I have shot with the best "of today's sponsored shooters" (Dan Horner, Jerry Miculek, Kyle Lamb, The Army Marksmanship Unit) and know Ross was quite a bit better than a "good shot".

Sorry but I feel someone needed to set the record straight.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.