I'm glad you asked Grand PooBah of the 458s. grin

A few more pictures.

Firstly, the rifle in it's working dress... this is its original scope.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Trigger is certainly a Timney...

I think I found some original bluing, underneath and hard up by the receiver. laugh

Bedding as is ... no idea obviously if this is original or it was re-bedded. But its certainly held up. I had a Zastava placed in a Butler Creek, and the gunsmith that did the bedding was confident it would never split.

Weight in grams... not that funny ounce thing that makes kids smarter as they need to know fractions. This is personally where I think the all-rounder 458WinMag needs to weigh to enable it to comfortably use all loads.

Lastly, barrel length ... I'm calling it 21.25inches because there's something special about odd number length barrels.

Removing the scope mounts, no markings on the receiver or anywhere I can see to indicate its origins. One thing I love that I didnt photograph specifically but can be kind of seen in teh picture weighing the rifle, is the bolt handle bends nicely away from the stock, giving your hand ample room to avoid being struck under recoil, and awesome leverage to work the bolt in an authoritarian manner.

Sad that both Bob Penfold and Matt Graham have left us now...

Cheers...
Con