Great job Sir John, you're getting it done at saami too with those 450 TSX's, that wont buff out ; ]

Sir Ron, Thanks for posting the pics tonight, and earlier enlightenment from the pics a few days prior, i looked at those yesterday between rain and run chore work, went out at dark and loaded the round at 3.340 inch, gave her a good pinch with Lee die and all night to grow, pushed the button on mic this morning and still at 3.340 inch, didn't move! went to bed thinking about your earlier pictorial and remembering what i read on some other forum, hell, it may have been this one, someone was talking about us jacklegs here running the 458 long col's, using single shots, mag length actions, and trying to compare it to the lott etc, etc.

When i loaded the round at dark i knew what i was going to get on this morning, the rain lifted around 9:30, i went to work, fired a couple on the chrono, headed to the pasture, pulled scope and let loose at the box with the barrel sights, that's minute of buffalo brain at 50 yards! LOL, carried box to 100 and reinstalled scope, fired three and was already laughing hard, could see the hole getting bigger after the second shot, and bigger still on number three, got up to go get the box for pics, saw the front sight hood squenching away from the sight base, laughed some more, tip, any of you guys that want to load the great 458 WM up to it's true potential, borrow a cotton ball from your woman, rubbing alcohol the rails of the front sight base as well as rail on the sight hood, apply red loctite in grooves, wipe off excess, that's what i had to do with my M-70 458 WM+ firing 500gr TBSS's at 2350 fps.

I had to see what was possible within acceptable pressure at saami length, i hate smart mouthed rude people, wont engage, another reason i dont post in the jungle at the top of the page any longer, no need, it really sucks to try and discuss in person with those types, sucks worse when you have to roll them over on their bellies so they wont choke to death on their teeth, BTDT ; ] that said, and no pissing match parrot speak, bitching, bickering or calling names, just went to see what the old stud 458 WM was capable of at saami length, i was not disappointed.

Also Sir Ron, i dont remember your formula for converting to true muzzle velocity, if at least 18 feet from the chrono, i may have exceeded a full 2300 fps, really nice, and Thanks again Sir.

Trump Won!