Steve Davis said this, this afternoon:

"We will be working on solids soon. They will not be traditional as the traditional thinking is over a hundred years old and flawed. The current Shock Hammers in the 400g class will out perform a solid of the same weight. The Shock Hammers shedding weight will out penetrate a solid of the same weight that does not shed weight due to terminal stability. The solid will turn or tumble sooner inhibiting it's penetration.

There have been more Cape taken than we can keep track of now. I know one individual that has taken around a dozen himself plus his hunting partners taking about the same. These all with Shock Hammers. There is no doubt about the capability of Shock Hammers on dangerous African game.

Brian will be taking a cape in a couple weeks. We have a prototype 303g Shock Hammer in the 416 cal currently ready for the 416 Wby. If we can find time we will do a solid in our current vision. One of these two will get the nod. I really want to get the solid running. We already know the capability of the Shock Hammer design."

And I said this in reply:

Hallelujah !

I'll pass along the info on Cape Buffalo Shock Hammerings to Sir Jerry.
He will not feel under gunned with the 404-gr./.458-cal. Shock Hammer at 2500 fps MV.

Will be interesting to see what your design looks like.
Until then I ordered a couple of boxes of the 447-gr Shock Hammer for Bubba to "hand-tool" into 405-gr./.458-cal. FN Solid Hammers.

Really now, the facts you are alluding too about the Shock Hammer stubs abilities to penetrate
are the very basis for superiority of lighter solids at higher velocity versus the old heavyweights.

[Linked Image]

So easy to make a 405-gr FN Solid Hammer from this.
Even Bubba can do it with a hacksaw, bastard file, and thimble-type case mouth chamfering tool.
Take off 40 grains from the HP ogive walls, chamfer 2 grains off the base edge, and shoot it backwards in a pinch.
I am sure you can do much better at optimizing the FN solid nose shape than Bubba chamfering bullet bases.

(Brian and Steve are the entrepreneurs creating Hammer Bullets.)

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.