Originally Posted by 158XTP

Bloody awesome story Mike, you got to deal with Roy himself. If you had stored the gun in 71 you would have been dealing with him back in the 60's I take it? My 460 was my first bolt action, I was a semi-auto guy before that. I got a 1993 Petersens hunting annual with the ballistics section in the back, was blown away by the kinetic energy figures and ordered one that week. It was a second hand lazermark with the pendleton dekicker, I believe the least efficient muzzlebreak ever made laugh. Beautfiul looking gun, the african rifle crowd prefer English looking stuff of course, but I recall any time I showed regular people or even non gunowners a lazermark their jaw dropped and they wanted to touch it. Roy new how to package his weatherbys. Oops sorry to hijack riflecranks thread, weatherby memories can be very powerful things wink

Karl,

First spoke to Roy in November 1970 as I had just got married in September 1970 and the rifles arrived a few months later.

You are right about the appearance of the Mark Vs and especially with non shooters. I had 4 rifles on RTM Alloy stocks and they were painted blue. Non shooters thought they were fantastic and from Star Trek. If you have not seen the old RTM Alloy stocks the shape and dimensions were based on the Remington 40 X stock and the butt and forend were a skeleton. Three had long Rem 700 actions with Jewell triggers and one had the Rem 700 magnum action with Jewell trigger.